J. Campbell White writes:
Most men are not satisfied with the permanent output of their lives. Nothing can wholly satisfy the life of Christ within his followers except the adoption of Christ’s purpose toward the world he came to redeem. Fame, pleasure and riches are but husks and ashes in contrast with the boundless and abiding joy of working with God for the fulfillment of his eternal plans. The men who are putting everything into Christ’s undertaking are getting out of life its sweetest and most priceless rewards (Excerpt from Secretary of the Laymen’s Missionary Movement, 1909).
This is why Joy to the World Ministries has organized the Men for God Conference – a conference for men which was born out of a deep desire to encourage and build up strong, quality and godly men for God who will serve Him as godly leaders be it in the home, church or the work place.
- Most men are not satisfied by the permanent output of their lives.
- Most men are insecure – and unsure of themselves – who they are and what they are really here for. So they hide their true identity in order to gain acceptance.
- Most men are lonely – and secretly wish they weren’t – but are too proud to admit it.
- Most men are laden with worry and anxiety over their finances – they can’t pay their bills and they are steeped in debt.
- Most men have given up on finding any satisfaction in their lives – and are merely existing – living without any real God-honoring purpose.
Is there any hope for such men? Yes there is – the Bible gives instructions on what the LORD requires of us. By looking to Christ, we can find real meaning, purpose and satisfaction in our lives. Through Christ, we can enjoy God’s rich blessings to us and be a blessing to others. In Christ, we can live God-honoring lives day by day.
If you are a man living in Greater Vancouver, the Fraser Valley or Whatcom County, and need some encouragement in your walk with the LORD, I invite you to join me and other men this coming June at the Men for God Conference as we look into God’s Word for divine instructions on how to lives in such a way that we honor God, bless others and enjoy the abundant life that our Savior, Jesus Christ has purchased for us by His death and resurrection.