I once heard the following story and found it very interesting. A man asks the LORD, “What’s a million years to you?” The LORD answers, “A second.” The man then asks a follow-up question, “So then, what’s a million dollars to You?” To which the LORD responded, “A penny.” With a big smile on his face the man came back with a third question, “LORD, could You please give me a penny?” The LORD responded “Wait a second!” Continue reading
Desiring God posted this article below entitled, “10 Results of the Resurrection” which I think is excellent and very helpful as we think of and celebrate the resurrection of Christ (the bedrock of our Christian faith). Christ, the Lord is risen today, Hallelujah!
Here is the post from Desiring God:
- A savior who can never die again. “For we know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again.” Romans 6:9
- Repentance. “The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel.” Acts 5:31
- New birth. “By his great mercy we have been born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3
- Forgiveness of sin. “If Christ has not been raised, your hope is futile and you are still in your sins.” 1 Corinthians 15:17
- The Holy Spirit. “This Jesus God raised up, and of that we are all witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this which you see and hear.” Acts 2:32–33
- No condemnation for the elect. “Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus who died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God.” Romans 8:34
- The Lord’s personal fellowship and protection. “Lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Matthew 28:20
- Proof of coming judgment. “God has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all men by raising him from the dead.” Acts 17:31
- Salvation from the future wrath of God. “We wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.” 1 Thessalonians 1:10; Romans 5:10
- Our own resurrection from the dead. “We know that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.” 2 Corinthians 4:14; Romans 6:4; 8:11; 1 Corinthians 6:14; 15:20
The Lord continues to use and bless John Piper and his Desiring God (DG) Ministries. DG is really on the move and continually expanding its reach globally which is quite exciting and inspiring. Piper recently posted a DG Ministry Update on the DG website where he outlines some of the BIG changes that will be taking place at DG. One of those BIG changes is that DG will be closing their online bookstore in the near future. As a result of this change, DG is running a $5 CLEARANCE SALE on all of their books (read to the end of the post for more information). Here is an excerpt from the post. Enjoy – and don’t miss out on the $5 BOOK SALE being offered by DG:
Transition from Selling
We’ll tell you more in the months to come. But here’s one implication of this clarified focus on the Web. We’ve decided that this ship could sail faster and farther if we stopped carrying hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of book inventory. For years, we have had a store as part of our Website. I have always said to our guys: Let’s have the lowest prices on the Web. Beat Amazon’s prices. And we have—but only by pennies. But we can’t beat Amazon’s service. And we’ve simply decided that there’s no need to. Let’s not compete; let’s partner.
So the “store,” as such, is going away. Instead, we will have improved “product pages”—an online catalog of sorts—on each book and other products where you will have several of options: read descriptions, watch video introductions, download free PDFs, and click to order the product from Amazon, or other partnering retailers. In other words, you lose no accessibility, you gain information and possibilities, and we off-load the inventory, so to speak, so the ship sails faster and farther. We’ll keep on doing the amazing bulk offers from time to time, but even those will be for suggested donations. We are leaving the selling business.
Speaking of dumping the inventory, we are putting all of our books and resources on sale for $5 or less. Think of this as a transition sale. We’d be thrilled if you would take advantage of this and help us lighten the ship.
You can read the whole thing here.